Correctional Nurse - H92991
Correctional Nurse - H92991
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691014 - Ft. Stockton Lynaugh Unit
Employees in this classification perform responsible professional nursing care at a unit of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Responsible for the care and treatment of patients in accordance with accepted nursing and medical standards administrative nursing personnel. Supervises other subordinate clinic personnel. Work is performed under correctional clinic conditions; position requires a high degree of contact with patients, other clinic personnel and outside professionals.
Communicates patient data using EMR to support decision-making to improve patient care.
Work is performed under general supervision with intellectual freedom, autonomy to nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
* ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
* KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
* INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
* VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
* BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected.
Discussed During the Interview
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Ft. Stockton Lynaugh Unit
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
* Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
* 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
* Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
* State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
* State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
* Employer paid liability insurance for all licensed employees.
* And much more.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
License/Certification: * Current R.N. license as approved by the Texas State Board of Nursing or ability to transfer current R.N. license to Texas. Education: * Graduated from an approved accredited nursing program. Experience: * None