Correctional LVN H94550
Correctional LVN H94550
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Amarillo Clements Unit
Employees in this classification are responsible for performing a wide variety of patient care activities in an assigned correctional facility. They function within their legal scope of practice and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organization and practice setting. Work is performed under the direction of a registered nurse as part of a total correctional managed health care team in providing safe and competent care to patients.
- Administers medications and document as ordered
- Reports data, identifies and reports alterations in patient responses to assist in the identification of problems and formulation of goals/outcomes.
- Prepared and operates necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments and procedures.
- Assists with or performs exams and procedures and documents intervention in EMR.
- Maintains working knowledge of current issues and treatment modalities.
- Adheres to facility policy and procedure of medication administration
- Reports unusual occurrences (reactions, behaviors, refusals) to Registered Nurse
- Performs support activities. Ensures drug room security, replaces facility medication, stocks and maintains the upkeep of the drug room and pharmaceutical equipment.
- Returns outdated medication to the pharmacy and keeps log books updated.
- Generates print passes.
* Current Vocational Nurse License in the State of Texas
or ability to transfer license to Texas.
* Current CPR
* Graduated from an approved accredited nursing program
Experience in a prison setting preferred.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Professional License or Certification
Resume / CV
Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
16.89 (Negotiable - Salary commensurate upon experience and qualifications)
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Will discuss in interview