Charge Nurse Medical
Charge Nurse Medical
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691001 - Amarillo Clements Unit
Employees in this classification are responsible for professional nursing care. They function within their legal scope of practice and in accordance with the polices and procedures of the organization and practice setting. They perform a variety of general and specialized nursing duties as part of the total correctional managed health care team in providing safe and competent care to patients. Employees in this position generally assist the Director of Nurses in the supervision of other clinic personnel and may substitute for the Director of Nurses in their absence. Work is performed under usual clinic conditions, necessitating a high degree of contact with patients and clinic personnel.
Up to 25%
- Makes daily assignments as appropriate and ensures all daily assignments are accomplished
- Communicates patient data using EMR to support decision-making to improve patient care.
- Assists with or performs exams and procedures and documents intervention in EMR.
- Administer or assist with administration and documentation of medication.
- Supports the goal of the unit by attending meetings and sharing the information with the staff in regular staff meetings.
- Develop and insure nursing standards are met.
- Facilitate the movement of patients in the unit as necessary.
- Maintain documentation and records and working knowledge of current issues and treatment modalities.
- Respond to emergencies..
- Demonstrates an understanding of mental illness and correctional managed healthcare.
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected
Experience in a prison setting
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Amarillo Clements Unit
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Other duties as assigned.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Current Registered Nurse license as approved by the Texas State Board of Nursing or ability to transfer current R.N. license to Texas.
Current CPR Certification.
Graduated from an approved accredited nursing program.
Two years of Registered Nursing experience in a hospital, clinic, or community based setting.